Making healthy meals may seem daunting, but there are plenty of nutritious, easy-to-prepare options.
- Heat instant oatmeal with milk and cinnamon. Top with canned peaches.
- In a blender, mix 1 cup of yogurt or milk, 1/3 cup of frozen strawberries and 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup for a calcium rich smoothie.
- Top a toasted whole-grain English muffin with tomato, turkey bacon and cheese.
- Get out the slow cooker in the morning. Add ingredients for a soup, stew or pot roast and plug it in. Use frozen vegetables so you won’t have to slice and dice.
- Top a baked potato with steamed broccoli and cheese or beans and salsa.
- Add leftover meat and vegetables to bottled spaghetti sauce and heat. Serve over pasta or rice.